6 December 2014

Party time!

Happy Independence Day Finland!


It's that time of the year again when the Finns are celebrating the independence of their country. Even us, the Finns living abroad, remember the occasion and possibly celebrate it one way or the other. 

Today I'm only going to post a preview of my celebrations through these photos below, but will be writing a more detailed post tomorrow. I made a few suitable canapés to the occasion and the tiny Finnish flags that I ordered recently came to a good use. Last weekend I also put the Christmas lights up, so the atmosphere is getting more festive here now and I wanted to post some impressions of that as well.

Have a great weekend everyone whether you will be celebrating or not!







4 comments:

  1. Happy Finnish Independence day! Our day of Independence is in September (Mexican). That hedgehog melted my heart on your Instagram! And lovely light decorations! I still have to put some on my bedroom window. :)

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Adi! Lights are so great at the moment as it gets dark quite early.

      Delete
  2. Happy Finland Independence Day, I hope you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen! Yes, it was a good party, more about it in today's post. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.