7 January 2015

2nd blog anniversary + G&T with L&B

I almost missed the blog anniversary this year, even though it's only the second one! It was always in the back of my mind that I'd want to make a special post for it in January. However, time then flew and before I knew it, the 7th was here. The lack of time and preparation made me choose a quick option to mark the occasion and I thought that a celebratory drink could be a nice idea (more my style than a cake any day).



The idea for this Lemon and basil gin cocktail came when I was flicking through The Forest Feast again and saw the Lemon-Basil Mojito (p. 70-71). Since I had just purchased a new bottle of Kyrö Distillery Company's good rye gin called Napue (my review here), I decided to go more into the G&T direction today. So I just threw gin, tonic water, lemon wedges, fresh basil and ice together without any further measurements. It became a very refreshing drink – simple and good!

Hereby I raise a glass to you all, my lovely readers, and thank you for reading my blog, commenting and being nice! Let's hope that there will be many more anniversaries as I'm really enjoying the blogging.

Thank you!

Your VegHog

5 comments:

  1. Yay - Happy Blog Birthday, long may it continue. Love the sound of this Lemon Basil Cocktail, would be happy to drink it come Friday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shaheen! And thanks for being a loyal reader of my blog! :)

      Delete
  2. Happy second year blogging! I can take the cake off your hands if you don't want it. Hahahah
    I love the lemon slices that you added to the drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I might still make some cake now on the weekend when I have more time. :)

      Delete
  3. Nice post. Thanks for sharing your healthy lifestyle tricks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.