30 January 2015

Black Dragon – Traditional Welsh Farmhouse Cider

Today's post is actually about a cider, but I have included some of the nicest travel memories I have from a special country. Tasting this cider transported me back to a happy time, but also made me miss Wales very much. I occasionally get this longing for a holiday in Wales, as I have spent a couple of good ones there. I keep nagging to my partner regularly and out of the blue "When will you take me to Wales again?" or saying "I miss Wales.".

A few years ago (in July 2012) I visited the Llandudno area and Snowdonia and everything I saw took my breath away. I have added a couple of archive photos from that trip here and keep dwelling in nostalgia while I drink this cider that I also drank during that holiday. Just look at those beautiful beasts also known as the Great Orme goats, a Welsh waterfall, a view from the Snowdon mountain and an early evening scene overlooking the Llandudno Bay – one just has to adore these views!





And now to the actual cider. It's the Black Dragon by the Gwynt Y Ddraig The Welsh Cider & Perry Company 6,5 %. The look of the bottle is very attractive and the art work is nice. I do pay attention to that whenever I buy drinks (or food). Initially the drinker is encountered by a very appley taste and the freshness of the fruit is apparent. The cider is very smooth and dangerously easy to drink for its 6,5 %. It's medium dry with spicy notes and a clean aftertaste of apples and minerality. It's a refreshing drink, great to be served at parties.



Now I'm off to look at my Wales photo folder! See you soon!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. These photos are so beautiful! Such a dreamy scenery.
    Like I've said before, I'm not big on drinks, but the artwork definitely helps in grabbing my attention. Haha

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I guess this was one of my better drink posts, not quite so boring. But now I miss Wales even more, something needs to be booked! :)

      Delete
  2. As a Welshie, I love the name of this, I have to admit though I am not much of a beer or cider drinker, but when fruit flavoured I will try them. I'll have to look out for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lucky you living in Wales!! :D
      This is a very pleasant cider, very strong apple taste.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.