18 January 2015

Roasted vegetable pasta


Here is a quick weekday pasta I made the other night. I have noticed that I'm making less pasta dishes at the moment, but now I have made one. This one is a simple and quick one, just a few ingredients tossed together. The roasting adds sweetness to the vegetables and makes their taste more intense. Now in the winter time I have been roasting a lot of root vegetables, so it's a refreshing change to roast more summerly vegetables. I also love what toasted pine nut kernels add to this dish. 


So here is the recipe, have a look how I made the dish.

Ingredients

150 g baby peppers
200 g cherry tomatoes on the vine
200 g asparagus
2 garlic cloves
3 tbsp olive oil
30 g pine nut kernels
125 g buffalo mozzarella
Fresh basil
Oregano
Ground black pepper
Sea salt
Pappardelle pasta

Method

Slice the baby peppers and roast them in the oven brushed with olive oil. Roast them until they are soft and have dark roasting marks.

Roast the tomatoes and asparagus a little shorter time, but also brushed with olive oil. I did all the roasting at 200 C.

Toast the pine nut kernels in the oven or on a dry pan.

Chop the garlic cloves finely and cook them in olive oil until soft.

Boil the pasta in water until al dente.

Combine the roasted veg with the garlic in the pan and quickly toss together and season.

Serve with torn buffalo mozzarella on the top and drizzle a little your finest olive oil onto the portions as well.



Enjoy!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.