26 January 2015

Spinach and mushroom gnocchi


Monday is almost over and I feel like a winner already, as it was a very long and a very busy day. I just want to relax now. Anyway the recipe that I'm posting today is for an easy meal for weekdays, and I find myself quite often making such dishes. It's quick and convenient after a long day, but also very tasty and made with fresh ingredients. I used of course ready made gnocchi, as couldn't be bothered to make my own. Maybe I'll make some soon again, who knows.

Okay, so here's the recipe for easy spinach and mushroom gnocchi.

Ingredients

1 kg gnocchi
200 g baby leaf spinach
250 g closed cup chestnut mushrooms
2 shallots
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt
Black pepper
Nutmeg
Fresh basil
Vegetarian pasta cheese

Method

Chop the shallots and garlic and slice the mushrooms.

Start cooking the shallots and garlic in olive oil until soft and add the mushroom slices to the pan.

Cook for a further 5 minutes at medium heat.

Add the spinach and cook until the leaves are wilted.

Season the mix with salt, pepper, nutmeg and basil to taste.

Cook the gnocchi in salt water for a couple of minutes until they float on the surface.

Serve the gnocchi with the spinach and mushrooms and some veggie pasta cheese shavings on the top. You can add a side salad, if you wish. I just served some cherry tomato halves on the side.




Enjoy your week!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. I'm in love! Haven't had pasta this year yet, so your gnocchi recipe is very tempting!
    P.S: I love love love spinach.<333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, good to hear! I think I'll be cooking a few more spinach recipes soon, and pasta probably as well.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.