23 March 2015

Black quinoa salad


New week and new dishes. This year is going mighty quickly so far, I can hardly keep up. Yesterday I planted my first seedlings outdoors. I'm excited to see what will happen on the balcony this summer.

Now to today's recipe. I made another salad suitable for the work week, and as you might know, I love the mix of warm and cold in a salad. Once again this salad has a lot of substance thanks to the halloumi and quinoa.


Ingredients

½ cup black quinoa
1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
1 small shallot
1 garlic clove
250 g halloumi
1 tbsp vegetable oil
6 plum tomatoes
150 g mixed salad leaves
Pomegranate molasses dressing

Method

Chop the tomatoes, shallot and garlic.

Cook the quinoa in water with added vegetable stock powder, the chopped shallot and garlic until the quinoa is done.

Cut the halloumi into cubes and fry the cubes in vegetable oil until they are golden brown.

Serve all together with mixed salad leaves and pomegranate molasses dressing.


Enjoy!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.