10 September 2015

Halloumi, lentil and freekeh salad



Here is a very quick salad post for today. I made this salad last week, but didn't get around to posting it yet. I just came back from London, so I haven't had loads of time writing a post today. I thought a weekday salad could be a good post for today. The tomatoes in this salad are homegrown, which I guess makes it a bit more interesting. I have some proud bush tomatoes on my balcony with tasty produce, only some of them turned out to be very small.

I don't really have exact ingredient amounts for this salad either, as the size can be variable depending on for how many people you make it. The clue is again that there are some warm and some cold components, but it's equally enjoyable as a fully cold salad. I have made good guesses below, which catered for light evening salads for two people and for work lunches the next day.

Ingredients

½ cup green lentils
½ cup freekeh
1 tbsp vegetable stock powder
250 g halloumi
1 tsp vegetable oil
2 gem lettuce
100 g cherry tomatoes
Basil infused olive oil
Balsamic vinegar
Salt
Ground black pepper


Method

Cook the lentils and freekeh in separate pots with a little addition of vegetable stock powder until they are done.

Cut the halloumi into cubes and fry them in vegetable oil until golden brown.

Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and the gem lettuce into thin strips.

Combine the warm and cold components on a plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.


Enjoy!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.