11 June 2013

Guacamole


Day two of the Mexican week and time to make a classic sauce and a popular dip: Guacamole. There are several variations of this sauce and I made mine with lime and tomato. Guacamole will add a nice flavour and colour to our dish at the end of this week.

Ingredients

2 avocados
1 tomato
1 lime
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
Salt

Peel the avocados and chop them into small cubes. Also chop the tomato, onion and garlic. 

Mix the ingredients together and season with salt a lime juice. 

Depending on your preference you can either leave the avocado pieces chunky or puree the sauce. This time I pureed mine but it is quite nice when you have larger avocado bits as well.


Add sour cream to the sauce selection with the guacamole and yesterday's tomato and grilled pepper salsa.

Your VegHog


2 comments:

  1. I love guacamole so much! My boyfriend is a meat eater but he sure knows how to make the best guacamole in the world! Hahahah

    This post has me a little hungry now. I better get out of bed and make something with avocado. (x

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guacamole sure is yummy! I just realised that I should use avocados more often. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.