5 June 2015

Blueberry and strawberry overnight oats


Finally I had to see for myself what the overnight oats fuss is all about, so I made this fully vegan fruity jar with oats and flax seed. After tasting, I feel that this dish never could replace warm porridge for me, but it does make a nice change for the summer especially. I will also consider making smaller jars and taking them to work with me.

Here are the ingredients I used for my first ever overnight oats:

1 cup oat flakes
3 tbsp milled flax seed
2 tbsp blueberry powder
½ tsp sugar
1 cup almond milk
8 strawberries


Mix the dry ingredients in a mason jar. My jar was maybe a bit too large for one person's breakfast and I couldn't finish it in one go. Add the milk and mix. Chop some strawberries on the top. Close the jar and let it rest in the fridge overnight. Enjoy it the next morning. I read somewhere that closed the jars would keep for three days in the fridge, but I haven't tested that myself. It would be quite handy, though if they do.


Have you experimented with overnight oats and what did you think?

Your VegHog

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Have a nice weekend! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been making on and off both chia seed pudding and overnight oats to take into work for lunch, but have not got round to blogging about it as its food taken into work (and not photographed) maybe I will try and get a pic next time. I so agree with you in that it can never replace warm oats :0 )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to start taking these to work as well. It's more filling than just a yogurt, so should be good. I can't wait to see your creations on your blog!

      Delete
  3. I have most of these ingredients at home! I just need a mason jar but I think I can get one soon. :) Thank you for sharing this! It's perfect since I'm always too much in a hurry to make breakfast in the mornings.

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that a sealable plastic container for example would also do the trick. I might actually try that for my work ones, don't really want to be carrying a huge glass jar with me. :)
      Let me know what you thought, if you try it.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.